11 Comments

1. Kemkem
    April 15, 2016 @ 5:34 pm

All great points Dana 🙂 . I especially agree about the chasing deals and not thinking about the cost on the ground. Like Scandinavia or Iceland for instance. Yeah..it might cost $200 for the airfare, but if a coke is going to cost you $18 per can and you have to starve or eat one tiny meal a day…what kind of vacation is that? I love off season travel. Once the kids are back in school, the airfare drops significantly. Less crowded places and cheaper food etc..who wouldn’t love that? Think wisely..ask your travel coach 🙂 .

2. Eva
    April 15, 2016 @ 9:36 pm

We travel off season as much as possible and rarely on spring break. No lines or crowds and the kids have a blast. My dream destination right now is Melbourne. I want to see family and the sights too!

3. Tia @ financiallyfitandfab
    April 17, 2016 @ 7:42 am

Great tips! For the most part I chase deals and let that dictate my next vacation destination. For example, most recently I wanted to go to Costa Rica but due to an amazing flight deal we decided to go to Panama instead.

4. Holly
    April 17, 2016 @ 7:29 pm

I like off season travel. Except that one time it snowed really bad in Paris, but I still had a good time.

5. Jay | RelaxedThairapy.com
    April 17, 2016 @ 9:12 pm

I have never traveled internationally but since we don’t have kids, all our travel is done during off seasons. Cheaper and less crowded. My dream destinations are Jamaica and Hawaii right now.

6. Mimi Green
    April 17, 2016 @ 10:06 pm

I want to go to Hawaii, I swear I really do. The fact that it is a 10 hour flight tells me I won’t ever make it there. I don’t like flying, it gives me anxiety. Flying to the west coast is the best I can do and that one is LONNNNNNG!

7. Camesha | Mama Motivator
    April 17, 2016 @ 10:41 pm

My husband has been wanting to go to Seychelles forever! We have to figure that trip out.

Cuba is definitely looking interesting now. I have a few friends who have already made the trip!

8. Valerie Robinson
    April 18, 2016 @ 4:55 am

All excellent points! I’ve definitely been chasing deals even if it means traveling during the off season. It usually takes me about a year to plan and save up for a really big trip.

9. Sheena
    April 19, 2016 @ 3:43 am

I have three kids so I’m always looking for ways to travel off season to save money… which also unfortunately interferes with school. My oldest son gets a week in vacation days, which I discovered this year. That’s a huge help. We were able to do Disney in February excused. Ideally, I’d homeschool, but the way my nerves are set up… lol.

10. Kasi
    April 19, 2016 @ 3:21 pm

Great post! These tips are awesome, and I’ll be using some! I’m all about travel hacks, and the challenge sounds great!

11. LaShawn
    April 24, 2016 @ 4:14 am

Hawaii for the first time, and Italy as an adult. I am planning, plotting. Because both trips will be long, extensive, and beautiful. LOL Love your tips. And Cuba is definitely on my list of places to go now!

Complete this form to join Time Card Express for FREE!
Enter your info below to join and get access to exclusive discounts on local tours and at boutique hotels and restaurants around the world!
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
By joining, I agree to the Membership Agreement and Privacy Policy and confirm that I'm 18 years or older.
Complete this form to join Time Card Express for FREE!
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.

Complete this form to join Time Card Express for FREE!

We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.

Complete this form to join Time Card Express for FREE!

We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
Complete this form to join Time Card Express for FREE!
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
Complete this form to join Time Card Express for FREE!
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.